RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
WE ARE GOING TO MAKING
A FOUNDATION OF LIFE RESPECT THROUGH R&D
A FOUNDATION OF LIFE RESPECT THROUGH R&D
1. Industry-Academy Joint Research
|PROJECT NAME||JOINT INSTITUTE||MAJOR TARKET|
|Add value through development of live vaccine for protecting atrophic rhinitis of swine and porcine pleuropneumonia.||Korea Institute of Planning & Evaluation for Technology in food, Agriculture, Forestry&Fisheries||Development of protection vaccine against swine respiratory disease with using viable delivery system (Using apathogenic salmonella viable with vector system and genetic technique, Maximized a secretion ability of expressed antigen) Development of adjuvant for oral, inoculation that can active a mucous immunity.|
|Development of highly pathogenic avian influenza vaccine and salmonella vaccine for duck||Korea Institute of Planning & Evaluation for Technology in food, Agriculture, Forestry&Fisheries||Development of vaccine for DIVA, adjuvant for vaccine of industrialization duck, delivery method of hyper immune vaccine and salmonella vaccine against causing a food poisoning for duck.|
|Fish vaccine development and manpower cultivation Korea Institute of Planning & Evaluation for Technology in food, Agriculture, Forestry&Fisheries||Korea Institute of Marine Science & Technology||System construction of clinical trial for aqua disease, Development of 1 kind of vaccine for flatfish parasite, Development of 2 kind of bacterial and viral multivalent vaccine for flatfish, Development of 1 kind of recombinant vaccine with using a bacterial antigen gene of flatfish, Epidemiological survey for VHSV and vaccine development, Analytic technique of immune reaciton(Oral, Recombinant) and development of bio market.|
2. Vaccine development project for strengthening a immunity using a bio molecule expression technology
- 1Background of a research
- Recent growth in immunology has revealed in a detailed manner the mechanism that leads to a certain immunological reaction. As detailed information on the immunological reaction required to prevent hepatitis caused by a certain antigen, the antigen required for the reaction, and cytokine which conveys immune responses, the use of immunological molecules for the development of vaccines has increased as the molecules can contribute to or boost the reaction and the production of the antigen and cytokine. According to Stabila et al. (Nat. Biotechnol. 1998, 16(13):135760), the Fe domain of human IgG antibodies expressed on the cell surface stimulates Fe receptors on the surface of phagocytes and then activates phagocytes. Takashima et al. (Vaccine 2005, 23:3775-82) say that expressing the Fe domain of mouse IgG on the surface of porcine kidney cells (CPK lines) and rabbit kidney cells (RK13 lines) and then infecting such cells with enveloped viruses, multiplying the viruses, developing inactivated vaccines from the viruses, and giving the vaccines to animals to immunize them boost the inducement of antibody production and show superb protection against vaccination.
- 2Technique for the Creation of Fc Vaccines
- Among the five types of antibodies, immunoglobulin G (IgG) is the most widely produced antibody in terms of the infection response to pathogens and plays the most important role. A basic unit of IgG is divided into a variable part, or antigen-binding fragment (Fab), and an invariable part, or Fe receptor-binding fragment (Fc) (Figure 1). The technology is based on the functions of the antibodies mediated by Fc molecules and opsonization (IgG coating of pathogen surfaces) accelerates immune responses. Bacteria have various organelles that are needed to produce nuclei and proteins and, therefore, can multiply and divide themselves, which is not possible for viruses, and that is why viruses need host cells. Viruses created within their host cells amplify viral RNA or RNA inside the cells and synthesize the required proteins by using organelles in the host cells. Synthesized viral proteins are located on the surfaces of the cells; when a virus breaks open the host cell, it becomes covered by the viral proteins located on the surface, which leads to the creation of an intact virus. During this process, foreign proteins on the surface could be expressed on the surface of the virus. Based on this technique, creating Fc cell lines that express IgG Fc molecules permanently on the surface of the host cells of viruses and then infecting such cells with the viruses can result in the production of the viruses that have IgG Fc molecules on the surface.
- 3Research method
Composition and properties for Fc molecule express cell line.
Virus cultivation test using Fc molecule express cell line.
Establishment of vaccine production method using Fc molecule express virus (Fc virus)
Set-up the national standard and evaluation method of Fc molecule express vvaccine.
- 4Technique and patent status
(Registration No: 1009236640000) A vector for cell surface expression of pig IgG Fc domain, a host cell transformed with the vector and a manufacturing method of vaccine against viruses related to pig diseases using the host cell
(Registration No.:1009605790000)A vector for cell surface expression of bovine IgG Fc domain, a host cell transformed with the vector and a manufacturing method of vaccine against viruses related to bovine diseases using the host cell
(Registration No.:1009847450000)A vector for cell surface expression of poultry IgG Fc domain, a host cell transformed with the vector and a manufacturing method of vaccine against viruses related to poultry diseases using the host cell
(Registration No.: 1012255640000) A vector for cell surface expression of canine IgG Fc domain, a host cell transformed with the vector, a vaccine against viruses related to canine diseases and a manufacturing method of the same using the host cell
(Registration No.: 1009511800000A) vector for cell surface expression of pig IgG Fc domain, a host cell transformed with the vector and a manufacturing method of vaccine against viruses related to pig diseases using the host cell
- 5Research achievement and expectation.
Commercialization success of PRO-VAC PED-Fc vaccine(2012.05.29)
Ongoing to commercialize an inactivated vaccine for rabies disease using Fc vaccine technique.